Here’s what you need to know about me:
I’m a huge electronics nerd, a gadget collector and a sucker for weddings.
I fell into photography in 2007 when a co-worker asked me last minute to take photos of her wedding. At that point, my only photography experience was documenting crime scenes for my day job as a forensic fire investigator. After that first wedding… I was hooked! I got so caught up in the emotion and feelings my photos brought to the couple and their family that I knew this was something I wanted to pursue.
In 2009, I became the senior photographer for a very busy Philadelphia-based wedding studio. I was able to increase my knowledge and gain experience by documenting scores of weddings not only in the United States but also abroad. Today, I run my own photography business based out of Salisbury, Maryland. I frequently photograph weddings and engagements in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and travel to destination weddings worldwide.
When I’m not photographing weddings and engagements, you can usually find me spending time working on projects around the home, tinkering with electronics and volunteering at the fire department in Ocean City, Maryland.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I grew up in Annapolis, Maryland and I love any opportunity to go back and visit or work there.
- I went skydiving when I turned 18 and MAN was my dad mad when he found out!
- I’ve been a volunteer firefighter in Ocean City, Maryland since I was 15 years old (wow that’s a long time!)
- I graduated from Salisbury University in 2001 and return to speak with current students about photography each semester
- My favorite thing to photograph are surprise engagement proposals, I don’t know who gets more nervous, them or me!
Still here? Have a question? Let’s connect by using the contact button at the top of the page. Also be sure to visit my FAQ page for some common questions I get.
All photos by the incredibly talented Blonnie Brooks – http://www.blonnie.com